You've made it through the planning and packing, now it's time for the real work - loading and delivering your goods safely to your new home! It is important that you make yourself available for the entire day on both your scheduled load and delivery day. While your driver and their helpers will do the actual physical labor, your assistance will be required during several aspects of these days.
- Make yourself available the entire day of loading.
- Check the inventory to see that you agree with the notations made by the driver as to the present condition of your furniture.
- If there is a discrepancy, please make a note of it on the same inventory sheet.
- Items of extraordinary value that are being shipped by the movers, such as antiques, works of art, etc., should be noted separately on the inventory, along with their value.
- Make a walk through the house, garage, cellar, attic, backyard and any storage areas around the home to make sure nothing was missed by the movers. Check all drawers, cabinets and closets in all rooms for articles that may have been missed during the packing or loading process.
- Make travel arrangements for departure on the day after your loading.
REMEMBER: Plan ahead! Make your arrangements as soon as possible.
If you need assistance with the planning and execution of your move please call your representative at Boston Corporate Relocation and we can assist you with many of the aspects of the physical aspects of your move from selecting a moving company to traveling with your pet to customs and other shipping requirements.